ROASTED FINGERLING POTATOES AND BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH ROSEMARY AND GARLIC
Serves 4-5 as a side
- (0.80kg/1.75lb) fingerling potatoes
- (0.34kg/0.75lb) brussels sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tbsp Sucanat (optional)
- 3/4 tsp fine grain sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Rinse and scrub potatoes. Pat dry. Slice in half lengthwise and place into large mixing bowl.
3. Cut off stem of brussels sprouts and remove loose outer leaves. Rinse and pat dry. Place in bowl.
4. Add the minced garlic, minced rosemary, oil, optional Sucanat, salt, pepper, and optional red pepper flakes into the bowl along with the potatoes and sprouts. Toss with your hands to combine and place on baking sheet.
5. Roast for 35-38 minutes at 400F, stirring once half way through baking. Potatoes will be golden and brussels will be lightly charred when ready. Season with Herbamare (or salt) and pepper to taste and serve immediately.